- You Need To Be Yourself – It’s so easy to read other blogs and think “I want to be just like this blogger”. I do that ALL THE TIME when reading my favorite blogs. In the end, your niche should be being YOU. Just being genuine is what’s going to bring readers in and at the end of the day it’s going to make you a happy blogger.
- Keep It Real – Life is not always puppies and rainbows. While your blog shouldn’t always be “woe is me” it also shouldn’t be “my life is sparkly and perfect”! My favorite blogs are ones in which the bloggers open themselves up. And I do the same because I hope that maybe a blogger going through the same stuff as me is going to find strength in the fact that they are not alone.
- Read Before You Comment – If you’re going to comment on someone’s blog, make sure you read what they write first. There is nothing worse than writing some heart-wrenching post and then getting a comment like “Wow that is so awesome! Follow me back!”
- Comment Back – If you leave a
comment on my blog I will return the favor. If you take time out of
your day to comment on one of my posts of course I want to do the same
for you. It’s a respect thing and I want my commentors to know that I
appreciate them reading and following along.
- Tweet Tweet – Twitter is such an important tool for blogging because it allows you to network and interact with your readers. PLUS it’s great for when you’re watching TV and want to freak out to others that are watching the same thing.
- Take A Break – I have yet to go on a blogging hiatus but I know that sometimes you just need a break. Whether life is too busy or you have blogger’s blog it’s best just to admit you need time off than to try to keep pushing on with lame posts. I know if or when I get to that point I’ll just take a break and take some time to rejuvenate.
- Schedule – Try to blog on the same days at the same time, whether it’s every other day in the evening or, like me, every single day in the morning. Your bloggers will get used to your schedule and are more likely to frequent your blog.
- Participate But Don’t Take On Too Much – Whether it’s guest posts, sponsors or link ups, participating can be a great way to make new friends and network. Just remember to only take on as much as you can handle. Blogging should be fun, not work!
- Be Careful What You Post – Although it’s good to be honest and open on your blog, keep in mind that people from your every day life could find your blog. Be careful what you post, if it isn’t something you’d want your dad, grandma or co-worker to see then it’s better of not being posted on the internet.
- Get Together – I promise you, blog get-togethers are SO MUCH FUN. If you have the opportunity to join in (or host one yourself!) then do it! I promise you won’t regret it.
I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for reading my humble blog and for being so supportive. Stay tuned tomorrow for a very special giveaway!
P.S. I’m hosting a Scentsy giveaway! Check it out here, you know you want to!