Weekend Off

It is weekends like this that make me so excited to find a job in which I can have weekends off.  It’s so nice having time to not just get things done but also spend time with people I care about.

The boy came in on Thursday and we pretty much hung out at my place.  We ordered pizza from one of my favorite pizza places and I proceeded to show him what a TV addicted couch potato I am.  He was a good sport, sitting through Vampire Diaries, Grey’s Anatomy and Jersey Shore.

Friday was TATTOO DAY.  I’ve mentioned before that I wanted to cover the wedding date tattoo that I have right above my left wrist and I finally took the plunge and made the appointment.  The design that I decided on is a Kurt Halsey design:

The tattoo was done at The Vault here in River Falls and Greg did an AMAZING job.
The ground she’s on is where my previous tat is.  And I am so in love with her.  Is it weird that I’ve given her a name as well?  Vivienne.  I don’t know why, she just kind of looks like a Vivienne to me.  And hopefully she’ll inspire me to write.
Saturday was Monte’s birthday!  Boyfriend and I drove over to Minnesota to look at an apartment for him, run a quick errand at Old Navy and finally take Monte to PetSmart to get him 10 NEW TOYS!  I know, I spoil him lol.  Actually 8 of those toys were part of a Christmas clearance but Monte doesn’t seem to care.

On Sunday we made waffles for breakfast and lounged around most of the morning and afternoon.  We went to see Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (which was good) and planned to go to a Caribbean barbecue place for dinner… however, when we got out of the movie the roads were so icy we opted to go home instead.  We ate dinner in and rented Abduction and capped off our easy going weekend.

How was everyone else’s weekend?

Comments

What a wonderful weekend… the boy must still be very much in love since he will sit through all those TV shows… my husband complains if I even suggest watching one of my favorite shows together:)

The tattoo looks great! You must feel so much better now that it's finished.

I'm excited for you to have weekends off too! I'm going on almost a year, even though we still do work the occasional Saturday at this job, and it is so nice to have those two days off when the rest of the world does too :)

Vivienne and Monte are so cute! :-) We just found your blog from Vanisha's Life In…Australia so we came over and followed you. Can't wait to go through some of your older posts. We'd love for you to visit our blog and follow back if you like. Hope you have a great day…even though it is Monday!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

i know i've said it before but i have to say it again… that tattoo is SOOO stinkin' ADORABLE. i love her so much. will have to look up this artist's other works. but it's just beautiful. and what a great job the artist did there.

sounds like you had a lovely weekend. sometimes you just need some down time like that. mine was pretty similar, though i got to meet my parents dog and we played around in the snow a lot :)

happy birthday, sweet monte! what a cutiepie he is!

aw girl i am absolutely in LOVE with the tattoo. one that totally fits you and if you feel like it, you can add color to her later. so perfect.

your weekend sounds absolutely wonderful. happy birthday to monte! xoxo

Sounds like a totally lovely weekend and I don't think it's weird at all that you named your tattoo! :) I love her, and she seems like a perfect fit for your arm!

I'm an expert at being a couch potato! Plus I always order way too much pizza so I can have it cold for breakfast the next day. Mmmmmmmm!
    I love that tat. I can't decide what I want next. I am thinking of a quote from my favourite book (Alice n Wonderland) but I can't choose! Arrgghh so many cool tats, so little body space :/

Glad your weekend was fab by the way!! Now onto your tattoo…OMG!!! I love your new tattoo it is gorgeous and so you:-) I love everything about it:-) 2012 is definitely your year:-)

I love weekends like you just described. I like your tat. And yes, she does look like a Vivienne. Monte and I share the same birthday! 😉

Ooo!! I love it!!! That's adorable! What a great symbolism to have it "buried" under the ground she's sitting so peacefully on. I love it, Krysten!