Accent Vlog

Hello all.  Okay PLEASE be kind, I HATE myself on video but I’m doing this anyway!  Enjoy!

Untitled from Krysten Hartenstein on Vimeo.

Say this:
Aunt, route, wash, oil, theater, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught

Answer these:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you use to change the TV channel?

Comments

I can hear a very, very slight accent..to me, it's just an "American" accent, that I hear when I cross the border an hour away haha
    And I thought all Americans called pop 'soda' (it's definitely POP here in Canada), so when you said that, I was like, ya! hahah

I say all the same things! :)

Except when I moved to Texas I started calling it "soda" because I got made fun of for saying "pop", but I was not about to call all pop "coke"!

I don't hear an accent at all, but maybe that's just me!

And you did just fine for your first vlog! I'm horribly awkward in front of a camera, so I feel your pain!

You're so cute! I can definitely hear your midwest accent peeping out – and not so much in the words that you have to say for this meme, but just in your speech. As I said, cute!

I just tweeted the other day that I'd do a vlog when I hit 100 followers I am currently at 98). But I'd do it after I had three beers because my Minnesota accent is super bad after I have had a few adult beverages. As a fellow upper-midwesterner, I also say, "Hey guys" or "You guys". And I say "tennies" for gym shoes. Haha. I was sure you'd say that too. But you didn't. Must be a small town Minnesota thing.

I loved hearing you speak. You sound nothing like I'd imagined though. But I think you have a cute accent. You do have a slight accent to me, but probably cos I'm more used to the FL/Southern accents. Then again, I am also used to the British and Irish accents… lol. I might do a video like that too, but I know for a fact I do have an accent, being French and all…