Each year I like to look back and think about the things that I’ve gone through, both good and bad. This year is no different. 2011 was a very different year for me but I feel as if it has brought me to figuring out more about who I am and what I want. Without further ado, a look back at
- I found myself on the outs with my family. This has been recently but nonetheless it has been hard for me. I still feel a bit like the “black sheep.” It’s a hard way to feel. I’m taking it day by day I suppose.
- I’ve sometimes struggled with work, especially when feeling as if certain people are treated differently than others. I was even sent home early once for mouthing off (and although my boss later apologized I still felt like a jerk for acting not so adult).
- I struggled in my marriage. A lot. I struggled with the way I was being treated and how unhappy and trapped I felt.
- Because of these struggles, Dustin, my soon to be ex, and I decided to split.
- This decision will probably follow me for the rest of my life.
Like 2010, 2011 felt like a year of struggles and rebuilding. However, some really wonderful things happened this year too…
- School has remained very important to me and after just 2 more quarters I will finally be graduating.
- I received a promotion at work, which felt amazing and told me that despite my not so adult moments that I am respected at my job.
- Although I’ve read a little less this year, my love for reading has continued. I’ve read some really amazing books this year, books that have made me laugh and cry and books that will remain in my heart.
- I tried new things, such as driving all by myself several hours and doing a boudoir shoot.
- My friendships have flourished and I no longer feel as if I’m the girl with no girlfriends. Special thanks to my amazing blog friends, I love you all!
- I have found someone that treats me with the respect and love that I know I deserve. I no longer have to distrust what I’m told and it feels good to be at a point in which I feel secure.
- Blogging has continued to be a rock for me. This community has been there for me through all these highs and lows. It has brought me good friends and so much support. I feel blessed to be part of such an amazing community and I thank each and every one of you for being part of my life.
This year has certainly been a year of rebuilding for me, one filled with good and bad things.
I have to say I’m ready to say goodbye to 2011. I can only hope that 2012 will bring lots of good things – and I wish you all a new year full of good things as well!