Wow Weekend

Oh my goodness.

My house?  Feels like a home again.

My parents have sold their house and bought a new one down in Parrish, Florida.  Being that they’re the kind that like new things in their new home, my brother and I are the recipients of lots of “new to us” things.  I now have leather couches and a coffee table and two end tables in my front room, a new kitchen table and chairs, a new end table for my living room, a GINORMOUS TV for my living room, two new beds (a full for the guest room and  queen for me), a dresser for the guest room, a bookcase for the guest room AND a headboard for me.  Among lots of other things.  WOW.  I’m nearly overwhelmed.  But it feels good.

Dustin moved out and took a little of my life with him.  And although material things don’t equal happiness, a cozy home is good for me.  I have a nest again.  And maybe now I can learn to live again.  It feels amazing and good.

And on Sunday Ang and I did something super fun.  After getting our hair and makeup done by my friend Steph (owner of Tailored Memories… if you’re getting hitched in the Twin Cities you NEED to check her out) we headed out to Minneapolis for a boudoir shoot with Britt of Render Photography.

A pic of me post photo shoot

The shoot was so fun and although I was a bit nervous leading up to it I pretty much lost all those nerves once we started.  Hell, Ang and I both had no problem flouncing around in lingerie.

We’ve got a few weeks to wait until the pics are ready and I promise I’ll be sharing a few here!

Till then, have a wonderful week all!

P.S. The winner of the Le Mode Accessories giveaway is Miss Fame!  Miss Fame, please email me to claim your prize.  Thanks to everyone that entered!

Comments

super fun times! I can't wait to see your pics! I was watching you (obviously) and I know some of them are going to turn out amazing!

Oh my gosh I thot you weren't blogging lately but you changed your url & it wasn't updating on my blog scroll. Phoey! I need to catch up now like the stalker I am!
    XO

you look gorgeous darling! love the hair and makeup. and new stuff for your house?! that is so awesome. i love that feeling of having your house all put together. can't wait to move back out and have my apartment all done up the way i like it. love your face. xoxo

I'm so glad to hear you had a good weekend!

I think homey-homes are important for our over-all moods. Making it feel "right" will make being home feel right. :)

I remember those days. Anything you need, you know I am here, ya? *HUGS*

Also, you look beautiful in this post-photo shoot pic, I can only imagine how well the professional ones came out! Can't wait to see :)

Ooh, I can't wait to see the shots! I'm happy to hear you weren't nervous during the shoot. :)

All the new furniture sounds amazing! I think a blogger sleepover needs to happen? Yes? :)

you do what you have to do :) it seems like you're having a fantastic time just getting back on your two feet and just living life. i love reading about women like you who are strong to just bounce back and live their lives.

i bet the photoshoot was extremely fun! 😀 i cant wait to see the pictures. you look gorgeous

This sounds just wonderful!
    To me too, a home has always been more than just 4 walls (so right now in this new life of mine I am trying to learn to put that aside and rather let the beauty of the city color my walls..) but reading your post reminds me that what I really love, is a cosy homey home!

And wow for the photoshoot ! :)