Books

I am an idiot.  I only had 3 shifts this week and managed to pick up 2 – one on Wednesday and one today.  So now I work 9 days in a row.  Today is day 5.  Glutton for punishment I tell ya!

So since I’m stressing and tired I thought a little book survey would be in order!

{via}

1. Favorite book – Why Girls Are Weird by Pamela Ribon
2. Least favorite book – The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
3. Book that makes you laugh out loud – Such A Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster
4. Book that makes you cry – Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
5. Book you wish you could live in – ANY of the Harry Potters by J.K. Rowling
6. Favorite young adult book – The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
7. Book that you can quote/recite – (I didn’t want to do repeats but I have to for this one!) Why Girls Are Weird by Pamela Ribon
8. Book that scares you – Phantoms by Dean Koontz
9. Book that makes you sick – We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
10. Book that changed your life – Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
11. Book from your favorite author – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
12. Book that is most like your life – Why Girls Are Weird by Pamela Ribon
13. Book whose main character is most like you – Anna in Why Girls Are Weird  by Pamela Ribon
14. Book whose main character you want to marry- Edward Cullen in Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (don’t judge)
15. First “chapter book” you remember reading as a child – The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
16. Longest book you’ve read – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (870 pages)
17. Shortest book you’ve read –
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
18. Book you’re most embarassed to say you like – The Cinderella Rules by Donna Kauffman
19. Book that turned you on – The Cinderella Rules by Donna Kauffman (don’t judge)
20. Book you’ve read the most number of times – Why Girls Are Weird by Pamela Ribon
21. Favorite picture book from childhood – The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
22. Book you plan to read next – Matched by Ally Condie
23. Book you tell people you’ve read, but haven’t (or haven’t actually finished) – Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (we were assigned it in high school but I HATED it)
24. Book that contains your favorite scene –New Moon by Stephenie Meyer (when he asks her to marry him, my heart leapt!)
25. Favorite book you read in school – To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
26. Favorite nonfiction book – Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
27. Favorite fiction book – Why Girls Are Weird by Stephenie Ribon
28. Last book you read – Envy by Anna Godbersen
29. Book you’re currently reading – Splendor by Anna Godbersen
30. Favorite coffee table book –PostSecret by Frank Warren

Wow. It’s kind of obvious that I’m obsessed with Pamela Ribon’s first novel.  I can’t help it, I relate to that book, it cracks me up, it’s a fun read and I’ve read it a million times!

What books would you choose?

Comments

That is such a brilliant post and I also love The Velveteen Rabbit! Totally saving a few of those titles. Thanks, sweetie and have a lovely start to the week. Kisses

I feel for you about the work thing, today is my 9th day in a row…finally tomorrow a day off…then back to another 9 days in a row :(

Thanks for all those book titles, totally saving it!

Have a great day!

Well, since we have pretty similar taste in books, I must put Cinderella Rules and Why Girls are weird on my wishlist. (p.s. I love Twilight, too – so no judging over here!)

GAH! Good luck with working 9 days in a row! That's rough, girl :(

I love this lost and haven't yet read anything by Pamela Ribon–thanks for the suggestion!

I'm sure my list would be similar, but I'd substitute Why Girls Are Weird with Kate Chopin's The Awakening. And I'd probably throw in some Jumpa Lahiri somewhere. Love this list!

I am so with you on a lot of these!

I'd love to live in Harry Potter, Jen Lancaster is hilarious, and I had to read Crime and Punishment in high school… the worst book I have ever read. Probably the ONLY book I've ever read that I DIDN'T like.

I love how many of these I haven't read-new books! I think my all time favorite book would be This Side of Paradise-it brings me right back home to Princeton! Books I've "read" but couldn't tell you a lick about: lots of Austen and BrΓΆnte tomes. I just couldn't care about the characters, although Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights are notable exceptions! Can you believe I actually ready Crime & Punishment for fun one summer? I love those Russians!

2 kill a mockingbird and crime and punishment are two of my fave books. C&P is a tough read, but i just really love it!

i want to read The Hunger Games and I need to buy that Post Secret book–would be great on the coffee table.

4 shifts to go! :)

I'm going to have to add some of those to my summer reading list! :)

My favorite assigned reading from school was Fahrenheit 451. I still have my copy full of notes and highlighter marks!

I checked your list out, after following the link from my daughter Carrie's blog. Great list. What do you work at a bookstore, if not you should! I work at B&N.

I checked out "Why Girls Are Weird" from my library last time you mentioned it, but I never got around to reading it before it was due… err, overdue. Oops.

I would LOVE to live in Harry Potter as well. I wouldn't mind saying I had a degree in witchcraft from Hogwarts. I swear,I'm not weird. lol

Eternally yours,
    Stephanie

I'll have to check out that why are girls weird book, I've never heard of it. hehe, I love the twilight ones that you put on here. Crime and Punishment did suck, but I had to do a 10 page outline on it, so I had to finish it, and over the summer..boo! Good thing those days are over.