Decorating

I am very slowly starting to work on decorating our house.  I’m not exactly awesome at it because I feel like I don’t have the most creative eye but I do want it to look nice in here because this is going to be our home for a long time.

I’ve been working on our fireplace mantle because over Thanksgiving we had a huge mishap.  We had this very large picture in a frame resting on the mantle.  The problem is that it partially covered the vent for the fireplace.  I didn’t think it would be a huge issue because the frame was so heavy… but somehow it managed to all off the mantle and break everywhere.

Right now we have a large sign that says family, a new turquoise vase that we got from Ikea on Sunday as well as the white candle holders and blue candles from Ikea.  But it’s still a little bare.

So yesterday a bought a really cute print from one of my blog friends Diana.  She blogs over at Livy Love (named after her absolutely adorable daughter) and her Etsy shop is Livy Love Designs.  I purchased a print of the letter H from her for my last name and I can’t wait to add it to our mantle.

Right now Diana is offering 25% off any of her super cute print from now through April 19th.  I really suggest you jump on this offer while you can and score yourself something cute from her shop!

Comments

super cute! Our mantle is a WIP as well… actually decor in the entire house is a WIP.. and I'm feeling overwhelmed by it! I wish you luck my friend… LUCK!

Love the print! This summer I had a somewhat similar idea and bought the letters that makeup our monogram (ANM) to hang on the wall. I hung them up as a surprise. The next morning I found my husband switching them around to NAM because he thought they were supposed to be HIS initials! Ha! Because both my first name and his middle name start with A. I should have just gone with the initial of our last name – much harder to get confused about that! lol.

Great idea! I love decorating but don't have much of an eyes (or money) for it. Often times I find inspiration from blogs because so many gals just have it down to an art. Love the print by the way!

having a new home to decorate can be really overwhelming, since there are so many different ways you can go, but it's also a really great way to add new things like this. i hope you have fun with the decorating!

Love the print! Very graphic and fun! I have a tip: use 3-M strips to stick things to the mantle. The vase, the frame, everything. My last rental had a mantle that was a little tilt-y so I just stuck everything to it for insurance – worked like a charm!

Good luck with decorating! Checking out magazines always helped me to find inspiration. I hope you do a post on the finished product.

Eternally yours,
    Stephanie

Oh no! I was going to put a giant, square clock on our mantle, but not hang it..just prop it, like you said. But now I'm scared to! Okay, maybe I won't. I love the print!

I bet you have a great eye, But I kind of feel the same way, I am not really that into decorating. I am more of a function over fashion type of gal.