In Need of a Weekend Off

{via}

People.  I think I need to take a weekend off of work.  Because it’s kicking my butt!  I actually don’t even remember how work was on Friday because Saturday and Sunday totally wiped my mind.  But I think I was busy enough on Friday and made good tips.  Saturday made me mad.  We were decently slow but right about the time I should have been cut (around 8) we found out we had to portion an entire box of breakfast potatoes.  Awesome.  So it’s 2 others servers and me and the head server basically wanted to wait till all 3 of us had time to do it.  Stupid.  We ended up not getting done till after 9 (which is when I was scheduled to).  I had all my side work done but then got stuck rolling a ridiculous amount of silverware.  I didn’t end up getting to leave till 10.

On Sunday I was in at 9.  At first it seemed slow but suddenly the next thing I knew my entire section was full and every time one table paid someone else was seated there again.  It was insane.  I kept having to check the computer to see what people ordered because I honestly couldn’t keep track.  And I can only read my handwriting long enough to type the orders in.  After that it’s gibberish.  In fact, next time I work I’m going to scan one of my tickets so you all can see for yourselves.  Anyway, despite it being insane I made double what I made on Saturday night AND my boss, who is always really stingy with compliments, came up and told me I did a good job.  It was awesome.

Aside from work I pretty much did not a whole lot else.  I had some homework to get done last night.  Why do I always wait till the last minute to do it?  Honestly, when I started back at school I rarely waited till Sunday to get assignments in.  These days, though, I don’t think I’ve had a single Sunday where I haven’t had some school wok to do.  So sad.

This week I work Wednesday through Sunday and I open on Wednesday which has me totally freaked out.  No one has even showed me what to do so I guess I’m just going to wing it?  Hopefully I don’t screw up too horribly or blow anything up.

Oh P.S. My Perkins has KEY LIME MUFFINS.  They are AMAZING.  Seriously I had one Saturday night and it was the highlight of my night.  Mm.  I may have to get another one on Wednesday when I work!

P.S.S. I said I wasn’t going to watch the Oscars but sadly Dustin and I got sucked in.  However, I’m not one to go on about the fashion or who won and who didn’t.  It was enjoyable and I adored Anne Hathaway and HATED James Franco.  What else can I say?

How was your weekend?

Comments

I love the pictures on this post, it's so true! I've always paid attention to the guys I've dated and whether or not they were kind to waiters and waitresses and other sales people. It says a lot about a person!

Glad you survived your crazy weekend!

Oh Krysten, i'm totally feeling the pain of your working weekends, i've been doing it for 8 years and the only time i get a weekend off is when we physically go away in the truck otherwise i'm always there..or worrying about them haha
    Yesterday we had a freakily busy day for feb and some lovely customer left a comment card (yeh i know who's bright idea were they?) sayig they had to wait a long time to get served. Well HELLO! you can seee how long the bloody queue i so you knew the risk when you joined!!!!!

Awwww, I'm sorry to hear you've been working so crazy. I'm sure you'll do fine opening this week, let us know how it goes!

Also, key lime muffins are making me drool. Damn. That sounds so much better than my Chobani yogurt right about now.

I enjoyed what I caught of the Oscars (I just wish the young girl from True Grit won for Best Supporting Actress–I thought she was great!)

I agree with The Blonde Duck… it sounds like you need to relax before you burn yourself out. And I know you'll do great with opening. You are smart and catch on quick.

A keylime muffin is exactly what I need right now.

you work a lot! I hope you find time to relax. Key Lime muffins sound sooo good! I'm curious. I wish I could try one. I'm proud to say I did NOT get sucked into watching the Oscars :) Although I do enjoy the fashion and that's about it.

Sometimes Dylan can be a little..umm..blunt? to waiters/waitresses and I get SO mad at him. I know working in customer service can sometimes be awful.
    And school work? Pshhh I'm totally last minute too! Graduating in a few months and I still haven't learned!

sorry you were so busy… you need some "me time"

I sooo agree about the whole being nice to your waiter thing byh the way… even if my waiter/waitress is less than fabulous I alwasy leave a ncie tip becasue their job is hard… really hard

I think you definitely need some time off! It stinks that work is kicking your butt so much. Hopefully it'll get better as you continue to get used to it!

Mmm, key lime muffins… amazing!!

I used to waitress and there were some days I wanted to tear my hair out! I wasn't very good at it then (it was my first real job), but after some life experience ;), I think I'd be much better now.

I don't know how you do it being a server b/c I'd for sure be fired my first day from back handing a mouthy person.

I'm glad you enjoyed your key lime muffin tho!! :)