30 Days of Truth ~ Day 23

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

I wish I had had a Ferris Bueller day.

Yep.  That’s right.  I want a day just like the day that Ferris Bueller had, parade float and all.

My senior year of high school my two best friends and I wanted to go to Chicago for spring break and do it up Ferris Bueller style.  Of course, supposedly there’s no possible way to do everything that Ferris did in te movie in one day.  Not to mention the odds of there being a parade and us actually managing to get on a float and singing Danke Schoen are probably not so great.  But still, it would have been fun.

Unfortunately, one of my friend’s parents decided that three 18 year olds wandering the street of Chicago on spring break was not the world’s best idea.  And so instead we used the money we’d been saving for the trip to go on a shopping spree instead.

Still.  How fun would it have been to be Ferris for a day?

P.S. If you don’t know who Ferris Bueller is I am very disappointed.  Go rent the movie right now or we can’t be friends anymore.

Comments

i love that so many bloggers are taking time to reflect on themselves! i think it is so positive :)

love ferris bueller, classic classic film!

x.

I am watching this movie RIGHT NOW for the first time! It's on tv and we found it while flipping channels. Noah has seen it of course and everyone talks about it. I'm glad I know what you're talking about! :) It would be amazing. I'm much too like his friend. I have a very hard time letting go enough to do anything along the lines of ferris. Hopefully one day we can all get a day off like that one and just let go!

That would've been a fantastic day!! Such a good movie, and I don't think I ever would've seen it had I not been going on a school trip to Chicago and the whole bus ride there we had to watch movies that were Chicago themed:-)

I know exactly who Ferris Bueller is, but I totally thought that picture was Jordan or Jonathan Knight from NKOTB at first. Muahaha. I thought you were going to say you wish you'd seen them in concert.

But a Ferris Bueller day would be even better. :)

I'm obsessed with Ferris Bueller. I asked my hubby…if we have a daughter, can I name her Sloane. :)

I would love love love to be on a float singing Danke Schoen. YES!

p.s. My senior quote in the yearbook was from Ferris:

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."

Did you plan most of it out? I'm curious how you intended to push a car through a glass window? And more importantly, get Jennifer Grey to make an appearance as your Sister?

ahhh i love ferris!! in college we took a roadtrip down to chicago and we drove past that house where they ran the car through the garage – and then we visited that stone wall with the pretty view that they were sitting on and re-created the picture. because we are dorky like that :)

Ferris: Look, it's real simple. Whatever mileage we put on, we'll take off.
    Cameron: How?
    Ferris: It's simple, we'll drive home backwards.
    Hahahaha LOVE Ferris!! xx

Umm, a Ferris day would be INCREDIBLE! I love that movie and picking out all of the awesome Chicago spots!!! Speaking of – you need to get down here ASAP!