A Whole New World

{via}

Well, I can honestly say that I am already feeling more comfortable at Perkins than I ever felt at Maurice’s. I mean, fist of all it’s nice to not have to push credit cards on anyone. And everyone at Perkins is SO helpful, whereas at Maurice’s it sometimes felt like you had to figure out everything by yourself.

I worked from about 3:30 to 8:30 on Friday night and was in again from 8:30 to 3:30 on Saturday morning. I was a little freaked out about Saturday morning because most of Perkins’ breakfasts come with all these different sides and it’s hard to remember what goes with what. However, I made it through without too many issues and ended up making about $16 an hour. Not too shabby, definitely more than I was making at Maurice’s!

Saturday night Dustin, Ryan and I made steaks with baked potatoes and salad for dinner. It was AMAZING. I can’t believe I ever didn’t like steak (like I’ve mentioned, I’m a picky eater and I tend to go through food phases so I had a phase where I HATED red meat). Dinner was awesome AND it was the first thing I’d eaten all day. Have I mentioned I’m NEVER hungry when I work?

On Sunday we had a sibling Disney movie marathon day.  We made frozen pizzas and tater tots (our movie marathon staples), had beer and whine and watched Disney movies.  It was pretty awesome.  We ended up watching Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Lady and the Tramp, The Sword in the Stone and Aladdin.  Is it cool or not that I still remember most of the words to the songs in Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin?  Those are some of my favorites.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.  Happy Monday!

P.S. Happy last day of January, woo-hoo!!

Comments

How lovely!!! That so great that you can get together with your brothers and sisters that way. That would never happen in our family…mainly because I've never watched a Disney movie in my entire life so, why start now? Haha!

I'm so glad everything is going so great for you! God has blessed you little lady!

Have a wonderful day! <3

I think it's *very* cool! (because I can remember most of the lines, too! haha!)

That sounds like an awesome weekend! Made good money? check. Movie night? check. Good food? check. Great company? check, check. I'm a little jealous!

I know a lot of lines from the Disney movies too… movies and the songs. It's not sad – they are great songs! Plus, pretty good chance you watched them over and over as a kid, and after awhile – you start to remember!

Haha! Oddly enough, I can remember almost every song from every Disney movie I have ever seen, as well. I always say that I retain useless information, and forget everything of importance! 😛

It's great that you're feeling comfortable at your job! That makes a world of difference. And I love the idea of a Disney movie marathon. I love all of the songs from those movies :)

Ah, I desperately need to add to my Disney DVD collection! And it's completely awesome that you remember all the lyrics! I'm certain I coule sing along to "Under the Sea", lol!

That's great!

I love Aladdin. There is this fast food chain in Australia called Ali Ba Ba and inspector climate and I make Aladdin jokes about it whenever possible.

I am so thrilled to hear the job is working out so much better. Yay!

I thought I hated steak for the longest time. I finally tried it at a Christmas party 3 years ago and LOVED it.

For the longest time, I hated tacos. I don't know why, but they didn't appeal to me at all. Now? Taco night is my favorite night! :)

Awwww, sounds like a wonderful weekend (well, minus the having to work part). Don't laugh, but I used to own the Aladdin soundtrack and I'm pretty sure I can still sing all the songs. Sooooo good!

I dont get hungry at work either but when I get home I am starving. A disney movie marathon sounds awesome, I still remember the songs too and The Little Mermaid dvd is one of my favorites

i LOVE disney movies!!! sounds like an absolutely fantastic day! Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast are two of my favorites (my sister's is Sleeping Beauty)

The guy who was the singing voice of Aladdin is named Brad Caleb Kane, and he's got an absolutely wonderful cd. I just got it for Christmas and it's one of the best things I've heard in a long time.

The movie marathon sounds fabulous! It has been way too long since I've seen a lot of those movies! Your favorites of the bunch = awesome. :)

So glad you're enjoying the new job and about you knowing the words to the songs in those Disney movies… it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one 😉

I'm glad to hear you're getting into the swing of waiting again, and woohoo for making money!
    I love that you had a Disney movie marathon, I love Disney movies! Once in college we had a Disney themed party and it's still my favorite!