New Things

Well I’m sure you’ve all noticed that I’ve got a new look going on here!  Amy from Designer Blogs has done an amazing job and I am totally loving this look.  More on that tomorrow but thank you all so much for the sweet comments!

And I know I kind of left you all hanging with my big happy announcement.  Sorry sorry!  So here’s the deal: Maurice’s has been ridiculously lame about hours lately.  And that’s frustrating because I drive 35 minutes to and from work to be there.  As for Best Buy, pretty sure they just wanted Black Friday workers.  So I’ve been trying to find something else that’s A) closer and B) will actually give me hours.

I ended up getting job offers from not one but two restaurants!  Where was this last year when I was unemployed, hmm?  I ended up taking a job at Perkins, the restaurant I worked at five and a half years ago and also where I met Dustin.  I’m pretty excited – I’ll be saving money and time working in town and I’ll be making decent money.  Plus I won’t have to push credit cards anymore, something I hated doing.

So it is a new year, I have a new (well, kind of new) job and I just have this really great outlook on this year.

Also, this weekend we got my brother’s apartment downstairs relatively set up.  There were some hiccups with the carpet on Friday but it all ended up working out.  Once he’s settled I’ll take some pictures to show you all how nice it looks.

And on Sunday we went out to this small town Wisconsin bar to watch the Packer game with my in-laws.  Needless to say I did not watch the game because I am not a football fan.  However I did partake in chips and did, hot wings and cookies.  Oh and lots of Captain and Coke.

This week seems like it’ll be kind of long.  I don’t start at Perkins until next week so it’ll be mostly homework and trying to finally get this house organized after people coming and going from the holidays.

Happy week all!

Comments

So exciting! I am in the same boat looking for closer to home & better hours…fingers crossed!

Pushing credit cards sucks…I refused to do it when I worked at Nordstroms. :(

Congrats on your new job! And I never new this about monday – i think its something to think about when you have to drag yourself out of bed at some silly hour for work, dont you think?

love love x

Congrats! Love the new look and the new outlook. Sounds like it's going to be a great year!

I hated pushing cc too. Worst thing in the world and so much pressure!

I love the new design! And congrats on the job, it's always great when the new year starts out with positivity so you'd feel like you're fighting the uphill battle in january!

congrats on the new job! Pushing credit cards does sound terrible! I know when I worked at the bank, I loathed the sales aspect of it. I bet you'll enjoy Perkins a lot more. My friend in college paid her entire rent in one wknd of tips from the Perkins she worked at.

CONGRATULATIONS! That's exciting, I hope it all works out great for you, what a good way to start this great year!

And lovely blog design!!!

Love the new look and yay for Perkins! Also? Now I have to ask what bar you were at… since I'm far familiar with them. Too familiar probably, haha!

Congrats on the new design–I love it! Congrats on the new job! That's awesome, and especially nice that you won't have to travel so far for work anymore.

PS: Captain and coke is TOTALLY my poison. LOOOOVE :)

YAY krysten! first, great new look. 😉 second, congrats on the job! i love how things come together so wonderfully.

isn't this new year shaping up to be awesome so far?! i love 2011 already. 😉

The new layout looks FANTASTIC! I'm so in love! And horray about your terrific news-I think it was time to move on and find something new (or old, as the case may be)! What a wonderful way to start the week!

The only thing about the layout I'm not loving… (and this might just be me because I'm stupid) is that I have to scroll to the right to see your post. Sad day. It took me a minute to realize your "welcome" thing was not the post.

Your friend is stupid. Sorry. :) HAHA!!

Congrats dear re: the new job! It sounds like you are really excited about it and ready to move on with your life from working in retail. It sounds like the right fit for you right now.

Love the new layout as well! Wish we could see each other during the Packers game this Saturday…my hubs will be glued to the screen! :) Will drink a Captain and (Diet) Coke in your honor :)