Pina Coladas

So.

I worked this weekend.

Yep.  Work.

Okay well ACTUALLY Saturday morning was the holiday meeting at Best Buy.  Basically nearly 200 employees showed up at 7AM for all kinds of fun.  I mean hey, I can’t complain, they got us donuts and juice.  So it was basically a quick review holiday stuff and then a lot of screaming at the end.  Which was good because the screaming woke me up.  But I’m going to tell you all something.  I’m scared I might get killed next weekend.  Black Friday at Best Buy sounds TERRIFYING!  So if I’m not around after next weekend… well, you know what happened.

I worked at Maurices in the afternoon.  I was actually in a pretty great mood and they day went by fast.  I won’t say anything about what’s going on but I’m hoping I can just keep doing what I’m doing so that I don’t have to worry.  Fingers crossed.

Dustin and I rented Grown Ups from Redbox Saturday night.  It was actually pretty funny!  Kind of a cute movie for anyone to see and we both enjoyed it!  Plus any movie that has Escape (The Pina Colada Song) in it is a good movie in my book!

I also worked Sunday at Maurices.  I woke up around 8 and right after getting out of the shower I had a missed called from Amy.  Basically our newest manager, Jen, called Amy and Shannon to say she couldn’t work because it was raining and supposedly the roads were freezing.  Which is total crap because I drive just as far as Jen does and I wasn’t calling in.  So Amy ended up having to work which made me happy because I love working with Amy.  Despite the computers being down for about an hour we had a really great day.

After work I raced home (or tried to, the roads were still a smidge slippery) because Dustin and I had a date to see HP7 Part 1 (and if you don’t know what I’m talking about that makes me really, really upset).  I’m pretty much totally happy about the movie except I’m still mad at J.K. Rowling for just randomly killing people.  I seriously can’t believe there’s just one movie left and then… that’s it.  I really don’t remember a time when there wasn’t something Harry Potter related to look forward to so it’s going to be odd when it’s all over.  Most likely I will cry.  Oh, and if you haven’t seen the movie yet and you’re planning to I suggest you bring some tissues with.

THIS WEEK is going to be absolute insanity.  I have to get all my homework done today and before work at Maurices tomorrow.  I need to call Best Buy to find out if they plan to give me anymore training or if I’m just supposed to stand around and look pretty Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I also need to clean the apartment AND finish NaNo.  Lord.  This should be interesting…

Twitter :: Facebook
NaNoWriMo 2010 Stats

Comments

busy weekends, busy weeks… these are the things dreams are made of! NOT! Hope your week is bomb and you'are able to truly enjoy time with family – don't forget, just because you are the hostess, doesn't mean you can't take a break and talk to people!

I cannot even imagine working Friday at Best Buy. My thoughts will be with you!
    And we are all going to HP over the weekend when everyone is home:)

Oh how I loved Harry Potter!
    Ulla and I saw it on Friday night and we were both sobbing when poor lovely Dobby died!

Hope you get a nice week even if it will be buzy :)

I've seen Best Buy on the outside at Black Friday so I can only imagine how busy it is inside. There is a woman in Tampa that started camping out 9 days in advance at our local Best Buy … how crazy is that?? Good luck!

As someone who has experienced Black Friday at Best Buy (as a customer)…may the force be with you! Seriously, it is terrifying – two guys got in a fistfight at the one located near me one year. Over a TV no less!! 😛

Good luck with everything! I've worked a couple black Fridays at a clothing store before, and it can get a little scary. I image things are a bit different at Best Buy though. Hope all goes well!

xx,
    Delilah

If your store is anything like mine then things shouldn't really get out of hand on Friday. We only let in a certain number of customers at a time and we ticket the major items to the people who are in line first so people aren't killing each other over laptops and flatscreen TVs. It's busy, but it's definitely not insanity. Good luck! :)

I have a few friends who've worked or work at Best Buy, and although it's crazy, I've never heard any true horror stories. I hope it goes well!

I'm glad you got to see HP. I loved it, but I agree that it was ridiculous of JK to kill characters off like she did. I sobbed when Dobby died. It's so much harder actually seeing them die than it is reading about it, at least for me.

oh my gosh. i loved the movie!! oddly enough though, i didn't cry. the thing is, i cried during 4 and 5 but not 6 or 7. something must be wrong with me…
    anyway. working is no good… until the pay check comes!
    happy monday!

I loved seeing Harry Potter too, not least for the small glimpse of London again. But yeah, it was definitely a dark one! Good luck with Best Buy and – eek – Black Friday! :)

My thoughts will be with you on Black Friday-I'll be staying at home, far from any shopping outlets!

As for HP7-don't say anymore! I haven't gotten to see it yet, but I'm SO EXCITED! I'm not usually one for caps or EEE's!, but Harry Potter just does something to me!

I was watching Saturday Night Live last Saturday and they had a skit about an "electronics store" and Black Friday. It was hilarious. They were giving people box cutters to help them open packages.

I hope they dont do that at your store :)

did you see the skit on SNL this weekend about the mega-mart black friday sale? it's pretty funny and what you said about dying on friday reminded me of it. go watch it if you haven't yet.

Girl, I do not envy you at ALL when it comes to working on Friday, but I know you will be amazing!

And HP! Wasn't it incredible??? I cannot WAIT until July! I wonder how they'll film the end…

I've shopped at Best Buy before on Black Friday and oh man! I can't even imagine what it's going to be like this year!

I completely agree with you on Grown Ups. I saw it in the theater and I loved it! So cute! Just saw HP and it was amazing!

You're busy! I applied to Maurice's in my area for seasonal work, but they never got back to me :( I have some friends at Best Buy, so maybe I'll try there! :)

I am scared FOR YOU at Best Buy … I heard people are already camping out for the sale. Good luck, I'm sure you will need to rest up after that day.

I'm eager to redbox Grown Ups I wasn't sure thanks for the suggestion!