30 Days of Truth ~ Day 08

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.

Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.
{via}

There are a few people that come to mind.  However, there is a girl that made my life such a living hell that I sometimes wonder how it’s possible that I was ever friends with her in the first place.

Her name is Kassi (not protecting her name because you only do that for people who deserve it).  Kassi and I met in 2003 when we started working together in the cafe in Borders bookstore.  Kassi and I are NOTHING alike and a lot of people told me I shouldn’t be friends with her because of it.  I come from a good, caring family, relatively well off, I’ve always been a pretty good girl and most of my friends were that way too.  Kassi came from a not so great family, she lived in a trailer (I’m trying not to judge but that same home was also a constant MESS – at least try to be proud of where you live), she was always having issues with friends and at one point she got herself knocked up.  She also claimed that right before that baby was due that she lost it.  And I felt horrible for her.

At the point that Kassi “lost” her baby we’d been friends for about a year.  About a year after that I was in need of a roommate and Kassi offered.  We’d talked about living together before and we were both excited about it.

I should have known before we even moved in that things would be bad.  Kassi needed someone to co-sign for her and she couldn’t get anyone (you can’t get ANYONE?  What?).  She tried to talk me into having my dad co-sign for both of us but he wouldn’t (smart man).  She pitched a fit at me and the whole thing almost fell through but eventually she got her grandparents to co-sign – but not before making me feel like a horrible person.

We lived together for 3 months.  In those three months I sometimes feared for my life (no, I am not kidding), I feared for the life of my cat (Kassi once left me a note telling me she would kill it simply because I forgot to clean out the poor thing’s litter box), I had to call the police multiple times (she liked to leave threatening notes scrawled on my door in marker – yes, on my door, not on a piece of paper on the door) and by the 3rd or 4th police call they basically said we needed to go our separate ways before we got kicked out (yeah, ya think?).

And I haven’t even gotten to the best part yet.  During the time I lived with her I began finding pictures of a baby around our apartment.  I was curious because Kassi never talked to me and the baby was about the age that her baby would have been.  And then I found out – Kassi never lost the baby.  She had a healthy baby boy and gave him up for adoption.  But she lied to her friends about it for sympathy.  WHAT!?

Living with Kassi was an absolute nightmare and I can only look back on those three months and shudder.  She was not only a terrible person to live with but she was also a terrible friend.  She made my life hell.  And honestly, I have never been happier to not have someone in my life.

I’d say I wish her the best but to be honest… I don’t.

Tweet tweet! See what I have to say on Twitter.
Like After ‘I Do’ on Facebook.
NaNoWriMo 2010 Stats

Comments

Wow that's awful. I lived with a horrible girl my senior year of college. She was the biggest spoiled bitch who thought the world should revolve around her. But she sounds like an angel compared to this Kassi girl. Ugh.

Oh wow! The word 'pyscho' comes to mind!
    I mean – writing threatening notes on the door to the person you live with..? And threatening to kill their cat?! That is pretty far out…

Good riddance!

Wow that Kassi person sounds perfectly terrible…
    I'm glad you got out of that crazyness — yikes that's pretty scary!
    Hope your having a lovely weekend! :)

xoxo
    Olivia

wow thats a whopper of a lie. I had a roommate in college who claimed the same thing and although I will never know the complete truth, many people have said that she wasnt even pregnant to begin with. Only a rotten person would tell such a lie

She sounds so crazy. What a pain for you to have to endure that. There are definitely some crazy people on the planet, aren't there!

Glad you got away from that.

Have a lovely day, T. :)

6. Anonymous says

Maybe it is time to let go of your anger towards her.

She clearly was not healthy. Her threats to you probably came out of a place of depression and/or mental illness. She could have been suffering severe post-partum depression and was mourning the loss of a child she carried to term and birthed but was not going to raise. And because of how she chose to hide it, did not have anyone to support her through that time. If she was as ill as your post makes her sound, she probably made the most responsible decision for her and her baby at the time by giving her child up for adoption.

How would this post have been different if you had let that anger go already? You still could of talked about how she made your life hell, with threatening your cat and you, and how thankful you are that you got out of that situation. But understanding what you discovered about her baby, maybe that can be a source of compassion instead of inspiring gossip about her.

oh gosh. yikes! i understand the situation you were in, in a way. i had a roommate in college who drank and did drugs, sometimes together – and it was a lethal combo. she would become really violent (mostly in the middle of the night. lots of sleepless nights occurred)… not to mention she was mentally and emotionally unstable (to say the least, she was pretty much psychotic). the things she would say were REALLY twisted and disturbing. she starved herself to the point of insanity. and after one last drug-induced/drunken night where i have never been so afraid for my life, i had to let our university know, and they helped me handle the situation. we parted ways, and i think she only attended school for another semester before leaving. i only saw her a few times after that. it was an absolutely frightening experience, like something out of a scary movie, that affected me for a long, long time. i don't know what she's up to now, but i hope she's gotten help – she really needed it.

i know the fear and emotions that you were feeling all too well. it's unexplainable. and you really, truly can't understand until you've been through it. i'm so sorry you had to experience it!

That sounds like a really horrible situation and I'm glad that you (and kitty!!) both made it out okay. I can understand why you might still carry around a lot of resentment towards her, but I am wondering if perhaps some of her behavior was triggered by the fact that she clearly had some emotional issues and could have (perhaps) been on some sort of medications to combat depression? I really have no idea. In any event I'm very happy that's over for you now :)

I just wanted to thank you so much for commenting on my SITS day. It meant the world to have such an overwhelming amount of support and I have you to thank for that! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Wow! That is pretty crazy. I hope, for her sake, that she ended up getting the help she needed. And I hope, for your sake, that you can find a way to move on from the ways she hurt you.

I have experienced friends who lied about big things – a friend in 8th grade was really upset for two weeks because her brother got hit in the neck and somehow snaped his trachea and they didn't know if he was able to live.. it turns out she didn't have a brother at all. She just wanted the attention.

Wow! Its crazy to think some people are so psycho!! That's like legit straight out of psycho! Especially the writing notes on the door…or you know the baby she "lost". How can someone be so horrible!

Wow. That makes me happy she gave the baby up for adoption. Glad she's not in your life any more. That's one toxic friendship you can certainly do without.

I had a college roommate was very needy and sometimes crazy so I can relate. Not sure I'd be able to handle someone threatening my cat though, I'm glad the poor thing (and you) got out of there alive!

Wow she sounds like a psycho. If anyone threatened Shiro I would be out of there in an instant. So glad you got out of that situation okay.

Yeah, she sounds like a complete psycho! At least you managed to get out of it all fairly easily, although I'm sure at the time it felt like it went on forever.

wow this post!I love your blog…my name's martina and I come from Italy…I would like you visit my blog and if you want…follow me!I wait you and your tips!kiss kiss ^^

Oh my gosh this is so scary!! I had a bad roommate once (who I also ended up having to call the police on!!), it's such an awful thing when you can't escape at your own HOME. So glad you got out okay and safe, what a crazy person!!

Just…wow. I can't believe ANYTHING she did but most of all I can't believe she lied about the baby. What a terrible person. I'm glad she's not in your life anymore!

uh seriously- our lives seem pretty identical with the stuff we've been through! I had a similar "friend". We were actually great friends for a long time, thought about living together… but.. ohh this is a story better in person or in email :) Lets just say I can relate. :)

Krysten, that is so crazy because I once had a roommate my junior year of college named Kassi and she was nuts too. She ruined my life that year. She once threated to choke me because I had opened the oven to put in a casserole when the cookies she was baking were in there too. She said I ruiner her cookies because I opened the oven door and let all the hot air out.