RIP Jake

I woke up yesterday morning to some pretty horrible news. One of my friends from Caribou texted me to tell me that another mutual Caribou friend, Jake, was killed in a motorcycle accident.

Jake was out on his bike Friday evening in Hastings, MN on a county road when a vehicle coming in the opposite direction crossed the center line of the two lane road and collided with Jake and his bike. Jake was pronounced dead at the scene. Here’s the latest news story I could find, it kind of helps sum up not only what’s known so far about the tragedy but also about the kind of person Jake was.

I’m not even sure what to say. Jake was one of those people who just made everything more fun. We worked together at Caribou for about a year to a year and a half and I always looked forward to working with him. Not only did Jake has a fabulous work ethic (and everyone knows I have great respect for that) but he was also FUN. He was always cracking jokes and goofing off and making even little ol’ serious me smile. And on top of that, Jake was one of those genuinely GOOD people. He just had this love for life that sometimes is hard to find in people.

My very favorite time spent with Jake was talking about relationships. Although Jake was generally a really goofy guy, he was also incredibly thoughtful and we had some pretty great talks about love and life. He always impressed me with how mature he was in his thinking.

Although Jake drove me nuts sometimes he was one of the very best people I knew. And he’s going to be greatly missed.

If you could all please keep Jake, his family and all of his friends in your thoughts and prayers that would be much appreciated.

Comments

Oh Krysten, I'm so sorry to hear about Jake passing away. That is such tragic news. *hugs*. His family and friends are in my thoughts.

Oh gosh. This really is horrible. I wish that these kinds of things didn't have to happen to the best people. So sorry to hear this. :(

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I wish I knew what else to say, but I can only wish for peace of mind for your, your mutual friends, and his family. May he rest in eternal peace.

oh sweetie, i'm so sorry. :( he seemed like a truly great guy, and my heart goes out to you and his family & friends. i'm holding you all close, and sending prayers. you're not alone! <3

it's one of the hardest blogs to sit and write. You want to tell everyone what happened yet you know there are only few who understand. As young as we are, we shouldn't have to be writing these blogs yet. We shouldn't have to be talking about friends passing.
    I know what you are going through Krysten, and while I didn't know Jake, I can completely relate to how you are feeling. Hang in there… keep smiling… remember the good (and the bad) times you had together and cry about them while you laugh. It helps. Talk to people who knew him and relive the moments. I wish strength and peace for you and the family and friends of Jake.

I'm so sorry for your loss <3 I had a friend who was killed in a motorcycle accident in high school and it was just so hard for everyone involved. My thoughts are with you and his friends and family.

I am praying for you, for Jake, for his family and friends, and for the other driver as well.

May God Bless you in your time of need, and let his love heal your pain.

I can so relate, I lost one of my very good friends in a motorcycle accident 4 years ago and it still hurts, but once in a while I hear a laughter like his and it just makes me smile