Bloggy Get Together?

So, remember awhile back when I thought, “Hey, doing a Minnesota/Wisconsin bloggy get together would be lots of fun” and then I kind of dropped the ball?

Well, the reason I dropped the ball was because of all the money stuff. Which was a bummer because I was really excited about meeting some of my favorite bloggers and making new friends.

The other day I was talking with a friend about the Como Zoo and how neither of us had been there in YEARS and how fun it would be to spend the day there. Not to mention it’s ridiculously inexpensive. Which got me to thinking.

Wouldn’t it be fun to do a Minnesota/Wisconsin bloggy get together at Como Zoo? Possibly sometime in July?

If you’re in the area, or plan on being in the area sometime in July, please email me and let me know! I think it could be lots of fun!

On top of wanting to plan a get together I have a decent weekend lined up. Today I am “on call” for work, which pretty much means get pretty and hope I have to go in (because honestly, it takes a while to perfect my hair and makeup – what a waste if I do it for nothing) so there’s that. Saturday we’re heading to the in-laws for an early Father’s Day. We’ll be spending it on the lake and, I’m sure, grilling out. Sunday I am on call AGAIN and getting math homework done. So at least Saturday should be fun!

Anyone else have anything fun planned for the weekend? Or have you ever worked a job where you’ve had to be on call?

Comments

A day at the lake sounds so great, hope it's relaxing for you. I've never had to be on call…that would cramp my style…the last minute thing would throw me!

I would do this!! We're probably going to be there in August at some point as we are every year for Matt's family reunion that I avoid all costs even if it means staring at the giraffe licking the wall for an hour. Trust me- I try to avoid the picnic area at all costs.

I like your idea of a blogger get together! How fun to meet everyone.

My daughter has her dance recital on Saturday, so that is my big weekend plan. Nothing like a bunch of 5 year olds dancing on stage. It is about the cutest thing you've ever seen!!

Hope you don't get called in (despite the hair and makeup) and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

We have nothing special planned, but my husband is off of work tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with him!

What a great idea! I love the zoo! Too bad I am on the west coast :( My weekend plans are to sleep in celebrate my BFFs Graduation and maybe a BBQ. Have a great one! :)

If I was in the MIN/WI area I would totally be up for a blogger meet-up…I LOVE the Como Zoo! I hope this works out and you have a wonderful meet-up! :-)

hmm don't think i'll be in the area:(
    Being on call sounds rubbish, do you get paid?
    I'm off to a good pal's 40Th a marquee, live music, Pimms & a Choc bar! (have noooo idea what a choc bar is but sounds cool!) Taking the bedroom with us (The Reo!) Can't wait.
    Did you ever get your parcel yet? not sure how long air mail takes…. XX

If I lived anywhere near there, I would totally meet up with you at the zoo (even if there are animals whose odour would make me gag!)

Happy Weekend- make the very most of your Saturday off!

I was a teacher-on-call for years. The way to make sure you get called is to make other plans! As soon as I'd confirmed plans to go out for lunch with a girlfriend, the phone would ring!

If you find a bunch of people who live up in the Cities, will you let us know via email? How fun would it be for us all to get together sometime this summer?

Ahhh last time I was at Como Zoo, I think I was like 7 years old! It's probably about time I get back up there huh? 😉 Let me know what wknd you're thinking about and I'll see if I'm free!

Sounds like you have a great wknd planned!

Boo! I wish I lived closer.

Nothing exciting on my agenda for this weekend, other than helping out at our local Juneteenth festival for my summer class.

Bloggy meetups are such fun! I haven't had many, but…am hoping I get to go to lots more, maybe even BlogHer someday!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

In fact, we're not doing much because my hubs is on call this weekend. we plan to have family dinner sunday night, but otherwise nothing formal. i just hope he likes his present (a Wii—he's wanted one for years and i refused….told him NEVER. so he should be surprised)!

I hope your weekend turns out well. I was out on a boat for an office function today and I am so sunburned, so instead of poolside reading tomorrow I will be enjoying my books indoors!

Ah poo, I'm in Cali so no meet up for me :( but it does sound like a great idea, getting to meet other bloggers in person :) I hope that works out!

So signs for the different animals are hilarious!

xoxo
    Olivia

I would LOVE to meet some fellow Bloggers, but I'm stuck up here in Canada. Dang! All the fun stuff happens in the States.

(PS – you have such a pretty blog. Really nice template and layout)

I just laughed when I saw the picture! I love all those arrow and signs. Totally know what you mean about dressing all cute for a day and not wanting to waste it.

In reply: I wish I could relive most those days, too!