This weekend seriously ROCKED!

Oh my gosh, what an AWESOME weekend! Seriously, Dustin and I had such a great week between his raise and my getting the job that this weekend just ROCKED!

So here’s the thing. I’ve been watching Bones all week. And when I say all week I mean all week. It’s pretty much been on when I’ve been doing homework, blogging, cleaning, etc. I got through season one and two during the week and finished season three on Saturday. I’m not sure if I should be bragging about that but I just got OBSESSED. It is such a good show. Bones and Booth are so adorable together, I love Emily Deschanel nearly as much as her sister Zooey and the other characters are also big favorites of mine. I could not help myself. Thank you Netflix for giving me a new obsession!

Which means I watched Bones all day Saturday, Dustin helped me with my math homework and we did laundry and some mild apartment cleaning. And Saturday evening we had the best dinner. Awhile ago my folks bought us this big bag of Tyson frozen natural chicken tenderloins. So Dustin and I grilled those with Famous Dave’s Devil’s Spit, made baked potatoes and the first corn on the cob of the season! I was a little nervous about the frozen chicken but it was SO good. Seriously, I am in LOVE.

On Sunday WE WENT TO THE MALL! This is exciting because we haven’t been doing much shopping since I lost my job. So we went to the mall, got pretzels (because you have to get soft pretzels at the mall), had Chinese (I only get rice and orange chicken – it’s the only Chinese food I like) and I did some awesome shopping. I ended up with a tank top (Charlotte Russe), a top and dress (Maurices), two pairs of sandals (Payless) and a wrist cuff and headband (Forever 21). Check out my loot (didn’t bother picture the tank top, it’s light pink with lace on the top and bottom. Also, the cuff is a different scene but still kind of the same):

Not to shabby, eh?
And then, of course, we watched the big Lost finale on Sunday night. I’m planning on doing a finale recap this week of ALL the finales but I will say this: Grey’s was my favorite finale this year. I thought Lost was good. I really, really enjoyed seeing some faces that haven’t been around in awhile. But I wasn’t bouncing around screaming at the TV like I was with Grey’s. All I’ll say for now is that I don’t feel totally satisfied, I’m still kind of confused and I wasn’t totally blown away. Dear Lost: I still don’t get it. Am I the only one?

More on that soon!

And, of course, tomorrow I will tell you all how my first day went!

Comments

oooo you will look soooo cool for work in your new outfits!
    We love Bones too, ive been getting them from lovefilm (a kind of mail order library), we are on to season 3 now but havent started it yet, i Love her.
    Good Luck! xx

Love soft pretzels at the mall! I actually used to work selling them for a while in high school. Not a fun job, but now I can make them at home! I hope you have an awesome first day!

Have a GREAT first day!

I don't watch Lost, but I still tear up thinking about Grey's and Private Practice. oy vey… what a year for finales!

I think I adjusted my expectations about LOST. It was less important to know the why and how of everything. The characters are what I've always cared about, and seeing them reunited mattered more to me than figuring out how the polar bear got on the island. That's just me though! I was crying like a baby.

Good luck with your first day! You certainly have some great clothes to wear! I want to rent the first season of Bones. I keep hearing so many good things about it!

Dear Krysten: Some day when I have more money you are going to take me shopping and you will pick out my clothes. You'll be the closest thing to a gay guy friend I can get because you always look cute. 😉

You guys had so much to celebrate this weekend! I'm so glad it was a wonderful one for you. It definitely sounds like you got some amazing shopping done!

i had the same bones experience earlier in the year when i discovered its awesomeness and watched all the episodes in a week. so good! and i haven't seen the lost finale yet because i don't have a tv and have to work all morning – bah! so that will be my afternoon obsession. glad you had such an awesome weekend!

Yay to shopping, new jobs and raises! I am so happy for you.

I didn't watch Grey's but I heard it was pretty great. I'm still pondering LOST, but honestly I don't think there is much to get in the end. Those who made it off the island made it off, they all died at different times and somehow made it to the sidways reality/purgatory because they needed to be together again before moving on. And that's it…I'm all for a seemingly happy ending, but I guess I'm greedy and wanted more!

Cute stuff! Love that little dress. Can you get me one with your employee discount? 😉

I LOVED Grey's finale and I haven't been very impressed with the show lately. LOST was well..I only watched part but I was lost.

Sounds like a lovely weekend. I have Bones all ready to go on my instant queue on Netflix. I was just waiting until we finished watching The IT Crowd (which is the dumbest, funniest show I've seen in awhile. It's a british show.).

Congrats on the new job and the raise for your Husband!

LOVE the dress!

I'm ok with the Lost finale, I definitely laughed then cried, then cringed (the fight was difficult to watch). Even though all the answers weren't there I'm satisfied with the partial closure…for now

I could seriously eat Chinese food every meal of every day. I love it. Which is part of the reason I am not on a diet! I wish I only liked rice and orange chicken.

I agree that the Grey's season finale was sooo good. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Literally on the edge of the couch and at one point my hands were shaking. I haven't watched Lost yet because I was out last night, but plan to watch the second I get home. However, from the bits and pieces I've heard from others, you aren't the only one who doesn't get it.

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad that you had such an amazing time and what great things you scored. Good luck at work sweetie! You're gonna rock it! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

geez I wish I could have had your weekend! It sounds awesome! I've never seen Bones but looove David Boreanez so I'm sure that could easily become a new obsession! And yeah I'm still confused about Lost..but I liked it!

Your shopping buys look awesome. Love the dress. :) Lost was good, however, yes, a bit confusing. I think they want us to make up our own little stories…were they dead all this time? Or died gradually at some point b/c they knew each other and knew what happened so they met eventually in that church when they were dead? Or something else?! oh well. Still loved it. And no, haven't seen Grey's but will at some point. Can't wait. 😉

Happy Tuesday girl.

P.s. Love Bones, too. :)

Glad you had a great weekend, I bought some clothes too! :)

I don't watch Bones or Greys, but LOST – well, I'm still trying to digest that finale. I'm not sure which reunion made me cry harder – Shannon and Sayid or James and Juliet…*sigh*

HaHa – you are funny lady. I've never seen Bones or Lost so I've got nothing in that aspect but in terms of your shopping – HELLO AWESOMENESS! I really like that dress – so cute.
    So glad you had such a good weekend :)