30 Day Shred

Today Jillian Michaels tried to kill me.

Part of my 101 in 1001 is to complete Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

Back when I was planning my wedding a lot of girls on The Knot message boards talked about this workout. At the time, I was “a little too busy” to worry about it.

But I’m serious about my 101 in 1001 list and I decided that today is the day I want to start my 30 Day Shred.

So I got my sports bra on, filled up my water bottle and prepared for a 20 minutes workout.

I told myself “Oh there is NO WAY that 20 minutes could hurt.” I said this despite the fact that a lot of the girls on The Knot (and now The Nest) said that it’s a killer.

It’s only 20 minutes, right?

Well. It started with warm up stretches. Totally fine.

But then suddenly I was sweating bullets, panting, begging Jillian, “Please can we just talk about this for a quick second? What did I ever do to you!?”

Jillian said, “Keep going Krysten, you can do it!”

As I was doing the jumping jacks and lunges I said, “No Jillian, seriously, I’m going to fall over, I need a break!”

And Jillian replied, “Breaks are for the week! Keep pushing! The burn is a GOOD thing!”

Then, when I wanted to cry, I yelped, “Jillian I just want a pizza! Please?”

And she kept pushing and pushing and PUSHING!

When it was all over I said on the floor unable to move. And yeah, it burned. My legs are wobbly and I’m glad I told myself that I’ll workout Monday through Friday and take the weekends off.

Because I am pretty sure that today Jillian wanted my life to end.

On Monday, I’m fighting back.

Comments

i felt the exact same way the first (and last) time i tried spinning. the woman just kept yelling and i had to lay on my head the front of the bike after the first three minutes. i'm pretty sure i was audibly sobbing and shouting out my will to those around me. the spinning lady even got personal and called me out for being such a slacker. i went home and layed on my floor for like two hours before decided to make some cookies. working out is hard yo.

I heard that it's a really hard workout. I am currently doing Tae Bo with the oh-so wonderful Billy Blanks. It's an amazing workout and I have felt muscles I have never felt before in my life. :)

The first time I did her DVD I was sore for 3 days. You wouldn't think it would be that hard but it kicks your ass. Good luck!

This post was HILARIOUS. I actually laughed out loud. Aww, great job getting started, and I know you can do it! Totally. Good luck!

I'm writing almost exactly the same post today! That woman is Hitler with long hair! You should have seen my twitter and facebook updates afterward. I'm still having a hard time lifting my arms above my head.

Showered: upside down.

I'm going to try again too. Go get her girl! You punch her in the knees, I'll punch her in the shoulders!

I think that between you and Kallay, y'all could take that bitch DOWN. She needs to have a knot yanked in her tail. Anyone who gets that much pleasure from so much pain has man-issues. Good luck with this. I hope you're pain-free by Monday for round 2. šŸ˜€

Its amazing what 20 minutes can do to you isn't it?! Best of luck with your 101 in 1001 list! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

goldleafashley.blogspot.com

Jillian is INSANE. But the shred WORKS. I love it. Seriously, the second and third time you do it, you'll feel so much stronger. And even when it burns so bad that you want to die, just remember that it's only 20 minutes, and not like 2 hours or something. Keep it up!

EFF JILLIAN MICHAELS!! She tried to kill me too! I did the Shred like 3 times and now it's outside in my car probably never to be done again. I don't work out well with DVDs anyway. Especially DVDs with psychos yelling at me.

AVENGE ME!!! I know you can do it! :)

I think I tried this for a while…is this the one where she makes you do stuff like squat and then jump and then go back into a squat and keep going forever? I really liked it because it was hardcore. I totally felt like 20 minutes was actually gonna make a difference…but I agree she totally kicked my butt.

I have that DVD and plan to start it tomorrow. Can't wait as I have heard so many great things about the Shred.

Just stopping by from SITS! Have a great day!

awww! you poor thing! at least it make for a good laugh though :) your are funny! love your blog :) good luck with Jillian! that girl has balls! seriously! she is like a machine! i would have been doing the same thing as you!

ha ha! this is hillarious!

i once did the 1 hour jillian michaels workout on exercise tv (without working up to it) and i seriously hobbled around like a little old grandma for like 5 days. she's so intense!

good for you for doing it though!

Good job working out hun! It is so hard getting in the gear, but once you do it is amazing! I love The Shred, but whenever I do it I am aching afterward! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) Yours is very joyful!

you should photo blog this… it'd be fun to see the results. I don't know if I'm dedicated enough for something this intense… but good luck!